Are you unhappy with the size, projection, or shape of your chin? Augmentation surgery may be a medical option for you. Mentoplasty, or chin augmentation, is a form of surgery performed to increase the size of your chin or to reshape it so the face appearance becomes balanced. During the procedure, bone reshaping is conducted to minimize the chin size, whereas implantation can also be performed to add more volume to your chin.
Who is eligible for chin augmentation?
Anyone who is unhappy with their chin’s appearance is a prospective client for chin augmentation; however, some patients choose this procedure to help correct the effects of trauma on their faces.
Benefits of Chin Augmentation:
There are several benefits to this corrective surgery –
- Chin augmentation reshapes any deformity on your chin and gets rid of, or adds to, any size irregularities, which gives you either a stronger jawline or a more feminine one, depending on your preference.
- This procedure helps provide a stronger facial profile, which can increase a person’s confidence.
- Chin implants are customizable depending on the size and shape you desire. Dr. Daniel Daube, who specializes in only facial cosmetic surgery, will advise you as to what size would look best with your overall facial structure.
- If you are not pleased with the final results of the surgery, chin implants can be removed.
- Chin augmentations may be performed on an outpatient basis.
If you believe you may be a good candidate for chin augmentation surgery, contact Gulf Coast Facial Plastics to schedule a consultation.