Chin Augmentation / Implants
Mentoplasty, or chin surgery, is a surgical procedure designed to reshape the structure of the chin and provide a more harmonious balance to one’s facial features. Enhancing the chin can be achieved through either chin augmentation or chin reduction. Chin augmentation involves the insertion of a chin implant. This procedure results in a stronger, more defined jawline. Chin reduction involves submental liposuction, where fat deposits are removed and helps provide a smoother chin contour. This can help eliminate the appearance of a double chin.
Pre / Post Operative Instruction For Mentoplasty
- Keep your head elevated 12” to 18” above the level of your heart by using pillows. DO NOT LIE FLAT.
- Sleep on your back.
- Do not take Aspirin or ibuprofen. Use only acetaminophen (Tylenol) or the medication prescribed by your physician.
- Do not take oral Vitamin E for one week.
- No bending over or heavy lifting for one week.
- Limit strenuous activity or exercise for three weeks.
- You may shower the day after surgery (after the dressing is removed). Please do not let the force of the water hit directly on the incisions.
- Minor oozing of blood may occur immediately after surgery. If this happens, apply gentle pressure to the area for 15 minutes. If the bleeding persists, please call our office @ 784-7722.
- Avoid direct sun for two month, then use sunscreen SPF #15 or higher whenever you anticipate sun exposure.
- No smoking.